The Best Fit Or The Right Fit?

370233584

Got an sms from Ms YC (decided to change the way I call her, as some of you thought that she was my buddy's gf. She is actually the recruitment consultant whom I have given flowers to.) She was asking me to help her look for people who may be able to fill the 2 positions she had on hand. I managed to think of a friend of mine to recommend. Just hope my friend will be of help to fill in the position for her.

Having been to countless interviews, I have met up a variety of Recruitment Consultants & prospective employers. Most of them can be characterised into the following groups. :-

  1. Courteous & tactful- They will ask me politely why my physical condition is like that, without doubting my ability to perform the duties for the job applied.
  2. Inflexible - There are some employers/RCs who are not willing to give the applicants a try as the job the applicants do not have exprience for it. I wonder why the Government say we must be able to multi-task, be a Jack of all trades? It does not mean that an auditor can't be an accountant,  auditor can't be teacher(read: all the polytechnic lecturers), accountant can't be DJ. (Read: 933 DJ: 巫许玛丽)
  3. Giving people the opportunity the chance to learn, giving pointers along the way, giving encouragement to me. I really appreciate all these people, even though it could be only once that we chatted for a prospective job, it shows that if you are sincere about hiring a person.

I always feel that communicating with people is an art that will help you in getting your job. Your school textbook does not teach you how to deal with people. It only equips you with the skill that you need to do the job.

With the increased speed of globalisation, maybe it is time for inflexible people to change their mindset?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings