CNY Lunch @ Parkroyal @ Kitchener

HaiXiang_PKIT

Picture courtesy of Parkroyal Group of Hotel

Today was the office annual CNY lunch. This year is quite special as

  1. We tried out a new place for our annual CNY lunch - Hai Xiang Resturant at Parkroyal @ Kitchener Hotel
  2. This will be my last lunch gathering with my colleagues at this firm.

As usual, my colleagues do not wish to sit with the 3 bosses of the firm. It always ended up with me & Q having to sit together with the bosses and my boss had to select another few people to join my table. The 2 lucky people selected were SC & B for this round.

I was quite surprised that my boss had ordered the "Prosperity" menu, which cost $688++. He kept asking me to eat more. Maybe that's his way of showing his appreciation for my service to the firm. It ended up that I had :-

  1. 2 servings of shark fins
  2. 2 servings of roasted pork
  3. 2 servings of desert
  4. 3 pieces of nian gao

This goes to prove what L said is true. I am going to miss this place & most of my colleagues when I leave the place. Even though they are aunties, they have been good to me, unlike some members of the "royal" audit dept. But for the sake of my future & career development prospects, I have to move on as I feel that I am not being appreciated by my bosses and I have reached a pleateau here.

Comments

Shionge said…
Wishing you all the best in your new endeavour Paul.
Paul said…
Thanks Shionge

I just hope the new job is a better one for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings