A Surprise Visitor

Today, I got a surprise visit from Jason's mum, who came to visit me & paid me a part of Jason's debt for his notebook. I actually told her that there was no need to repay me as I treated`the sum owed as a gift to my good NS pal, but auntie kept insisting of returning. In the end, at my neighbour's urging, I decided that I will take the payment as full settlement of the debt The last thing I want is to put stress on auntie to pay off her son's debt as the family is not financially well off.

She shared with me and my mum the reason why she decided to cremate my buddy on the day of his passing. She was deeply saddened by the sudden loss of her son and was worried that she will be very upset facing his wake for a number of days.

She said that she would be burning Jason's belongings to him on the 100th day of his death at the end of next month. Time flies. My buddy is not with me for 2 months already.

I told auntie that we would continue to keep in touch and I am very glad to have a pal like Jason for the past 8 years. I have learnt many things from him and I am always thankful for his listening ear to my troubles.

Auntie asked me to thank all of you on her behalf, especially to the people who have visited him at Bright Vision Hospital & Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

I hope that time will heal the pain of Auntie's loss of Jason.

Comments

Kazzzzzzz said…
Now that CNY is over, I guess I'll be finding a day to visit Jason's resting place.

Hope he's still smiling wherever he is now...

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings