Last Day Handover Blues

Yesterday was my last day at work. I was not surprised that J refused to give me her hp no to keep in contact. This shows that she has the same view as the b*** that I am a hard to get along person.

My boss threw down a best of all challenge for me yesterday, which was to coach the typist how to use "My Tax Portal" & EASY system within the half a day that I was there. The system at IRAS was down. In the end, I had to rely on the training manual to coach her. This was a difficult task to coach people to understand a system within half a day when the person has no tax`knowledge or IT knowledge.

My lady boss was surprised that I have compiled the training manual for my successor, and I guessed she was thankful for that since my predecessor did not do anything to hand over her stuff to me. She asked me how much time I had spent on the training manual. I told her that I spent my Sat to do it last week and I wanted to help my successor fit in to the organsation as soon as possible. She was surprised by my thank you letter too. I hope she is not surprised about what I wrote about the b****.

Her sis wondered why I had got a radio for myself since Nov. I told her that this is to drown out the voice of my colleague, PH who always keep talking to herself while working. I told them that I do not want to let them know as it was not nice to badmouth about my colleague. My lady boss said that she is trying to communicate with her more, but to me and my colleagues, she was not doing what she preached.

Her sis gave me 2 magazines about life and death for me to read as a parting gift. I am touched by her gesture. My colleagues and ex colleague AT, Q, I , L, K gave me another lunch treat of curry fish head. Looks like they are going to miss me. I told them we could still keep in touch wherever possible.

I wish to thank my colleagues and bosses for their guidance in my work during my 4 years there. I also wish to thank my bro for helping me to carry my stuff yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings