A Good Boss Vs A Lousy Boss

7029546

I got to know from my ex colleague that my ex boss had not managed to bring in a person to cover my vacant post since I have left. The colleague said that he has been covering my duties since I left. It will be interesting to see how long my ex boss can endure his additional duty as it has been a while since he last worked on the job. This goes to show that he has some problems with his management style.

In contrast, my current boss is more understanding. When I had problems in doing one of the tax computations as there were some problems with the tax schedules given by the client and I had a hard time reconciling the schedule. My boss called up the client and asked the client to get his financial controller to prepare a more detailed schedule. My boss was okay with the view that I have spent substantial time to reconcile the schedule and was agreeable that I should put a note on file to indicate that I have spent the time, and an increase in fee of about 20% is justifable, in view of the time I spent.

This shows that my current boss takes a serious view about staff welfare and would not like clients to play around with their staff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings