Problems That May Occur During Efiling of Income Tax

I just received an e-mail from one of my blog pals, Shionge about a problem faced when she was e-filing her hubby's return.

The system, despite being in use for several years, has still some glitches that just can't be solved. I am providing some ways here on how to solve or get around with the problem. This guide is something that you can't find in IRAS website.

Question:

When I click on the "submit" button after printing out and verifying that my consolidated statement is correct, the screen just went blank. After that when I try to go in again, the screen shows that I have filed my return. What should I do?

Answer:

You may wish to call the IRAS helpline at 1800-3568300 ( for salaried employee) or 1800-3568611 (for SP) to check and confirm if IRAS has received your return. Remember to get ready your personal particulars.

Question:

I have received rental income for a rented property. During the year, my share of the net rental changed from 50% to 33.33%. The rental statement on the page has no allowance for such a rule. How should I declare my net rental income then?

Answer:

You have to key in the information of the 2 periods seperately. For example, Jan to Mar, then Apr to Dec.

Question:

I paid for my course fee in 2007, but my course starts in 2008. Which year of Assessment should I claim for the course fee relief?

Answer:

The course fee is claimable in YA 2008, provided that the conditions of claiming course fee relief is satisfied. Please refer to IRAS website for more information.

Question:

I have problems logging in after changing my IRAS PIN. I didn't complete the filing in the first place as I found out that there are certain information which I have forgotten to jot down. What should I do?

Answer:

Please note that IRAS PIN will automatically lapse after 3 tries. You can apply for a new PIN via IRAS website. If you are a Singaporean, Singpass will be better as you can get your Singpass on the spot on the day where you applied it.

I hope this guide has helped you guys out there who are struggling to file your taxes! If you are still unsure, you may wish to e-mail me or visit the Citizen Connect Centres this weekend.

Comments

Shionge said…
You are so kind & helpful Paul, I believe your blog pals would appreciate this.
Dalicia said…
this is helpful...this year i had an accountant to do mine. complicated stuff..you know, investments and things like that.

EFILE in US only for simple matters.
Paul said…
Shionge: I hope my e-mail to u answers your question.:)

Dalicia: I know what u mean. This also means that u r taxed heavily too as US needs to pay pension to the people.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings