Surprise Surprise

 

I was quite surprised to have receive these 2 e-mails, thanking me for my services at the recent VES excercise.

The first one was from Ms Angie Lim, the Community Development Exec of The Serangoon CC, who was the liasion officer for this year's excercise at the Serangoon.

Hi All,
I would like to THANK everyone who has assisted our CitizenConnect Centre @The Serangoon during the IRAS VES period this year!
Take care and all the best!

Ms Angie LIM
| Community Development Executive

The next one was from my fellow volunteer, Haris who also thank all of us:-

Dear Ms Angie Lim

Community Development Executive

The Serangoon

Thank you very much for your email and great support you gave to IRAS Volunteers.

It was indeed our pleasure working with you and other fellow volunteers to e-file for our taxpayers.

Every year I come to The Serangoon, Our Team gets stronger and this year it was encouraging many of the residents whom came to e-file consecutively for the past three years were appreciatve our our services and recognised us and rapport is building up between e-filing volunteers and Residents though a few can be nasty to our volunteers, the vast majority were very appreciative of our volunteers.

Thank you Angie, for the great support all these years!

Warmest regards

Haris

I decided to do the same and sent a thank you e-mail to everyone involved in the excercise.

Dear Angie

Thanks for your e-mail and the great support that you have given to us, the efile volunteers.

Although I have been doing the excercise for 4 years, this was my first year at the Serangoon. I must say I really enjoyed myself in the 6 sessions that I was in this year.

Like what Haris has said, it was encouraging to see many of the residents who came to efile with us consectively for the past 3 years and they were appreciative of our services and recognised us. Even though that some of the residents have been quite nasty and rude to us, majority of the residents have been nice and understanding. I remembered there was one resident who actually bought us coffee after I helped him to efile his return.

I always believe in giving back to the community. Even though I may be physically challenged, it gives me great satisfaction that I am able to help fellow taxpayers in need of our help.

Thank you, Angie for the great support this year and I look forward to working with you in the VES next year.

Regards

Paul Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings