IRAS VES Appreciation Ceremony 2008

Today was the day that my bro & I received our outstanding & commendation awards at IRAS. This year, we had the company of our mum who cheered for us as we went to stage to take our awards. This also explains why there are so many pictures taken this year. This was also the first time that my mum attended the ceremony with us.

However, mum was telling me that the award presentation happened too fast when it was our turn to receive the award, therefore she was not able to capture a good shot when we were on stage. Therefore, I had to wait for Clara to send me the photos before I can upload it here to show you guys.

I wanted to load my pictures onto as a slide show, but it seems that Slide.Com & Rock You are facing problems as I was loading the photos. The lucky thing is that I am using Windows Live Writer to write my blog most of the time nowadays. Loading the pics and putting captions was a breeze. I just hope that you guys don't find it tedious having to stroll down to look at the pics.

Edit: I am facing problems uploading the pics with all the photo applications. I wonder why.

I wish to take the opportunity to thank Ms Clara Ng & Ms Rena Soon for making special arrangements to my seating arrangements again this year. Thanks for the compliments of Clara & Harris made about me, about me being a good son and a being a helpful and committed volunteer. I guess mum was quite surprised but happy to hear that.

I also wish to thank Mrs Quek Bin Hwee Vice Chairman of NPVC for making the effort to walk closer to me as I went up on stage to receive my award.

This year, the award came with a $40 NTUC Fairprice Voucher for me, while my brother got $20. It was a pleasant surprise for the both of us.

Mum and I enjoyed the food at the reception very much. We particularly enjoyed the ice-cream and the fried oysters, which I heard from Clara that it was specially catered for us.

I shall not say any further, and let you guys enjoy seeing the pics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings