Sharing of Joy of Confirmation


I decided to take mum's advice and shared my joy of receiving my confirmation letter with my colleagues. In order to prevent the fiasco that was created yesterday, I decided to get them the Van Houten chocolates which is more cost worthy and easier to manage in terms of sharing, considering the fact that I am working in a big office of close to 40 staff.
I did something similar that my boss' son did yesterday. I pasted a note. Some of the staff asked me why I decide to treat them chocolates, which I only told to the colleagues that I were close with. Some of them were pretty probing, so I just didn't bother to answer. It seems that my boss were right about these gossipy people. But I guess it is normal to have these people around, otherwise there would not be such things called "office politics."
I am glad that most of them were grateful and kept thanking me. I am glad that I passed the public relations excercise. Some of my colleagues were still seething with anger about yesterday's incident. For me, it is good to just let it go sometimes. This shows why a company has long service staff or short service staff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings