Is Work Bogging Me Down?

 

images

My colleague was asking me why I always work beyond the official hours as it appears to her that Paul has no time for relationship. Apparently, she is still in her early 30s despite being a mum to 3 children. But I guess the difference is she is a Malaysian living in Malaysia but working in Singapore. I guessed she is just concerned about me.

Since joining the firm about 3 months ago, I have been asked this question twice by my dept colleague & manager. Fortunately at both times, my manager helped me to answer the question. She said that my mum is helping me look for one. I guessed she is right in some way as mum has been pestering my friends to introduce gals to me. This has made me pretty embrassed in front of my friends.

I guess this job of mine has given me the desired work-life balance, as I am able to reach home by 8pm, rather than last time, where my home was like my hotel room. Sleep, Work, Sleep. I am able to concentrate on my ACCA & other recreational activities better.

As for my colleagues' question, I guess it would be good to keep an open mind as previous chases have made me afraid to go forward to know a gal.

Comments

Kathleen said…
Hi Paul interesting that they chose to ask such personal questions!You must be a nice guy and they want you to be happy but its your life and you do not need them as well as your mum fixing you up! It is hard when mothers do that...she must love you heaps but its your life and am sure if you meet someone it will be on your terms and in your time. You sound like a thoughtful young man.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings