Grandma Is Coming Over To My Place

I was at my grandma's place in the afternoon with my mum to find out about the needs of my grandma as she is coming over to our place for a short stay in mid Oct as one of my aunties will be away, while the other would be busy marking PSLE scripts.

My parents decided to take up the responsibility as they felt that grandma is already in her 80's, therefore we should try to spend more time with her. Like what my aunt said, "Don't wait till grandma is hospitalised and u guys just converge at the hospital to visit her, it may be too late. It is always good to bring her around, when she is able to listen, see and talk to us, therefore take this as a good opportunity."

I feel that what she said was quite true and she was heartened that my parents agreed to look after my grandma. At least, we were better than my uncles. Like what I said before, if you don't treat your parents well now, you may suffer the fate of your parents when you have your own children. Its like "monkey see, monkey do". I am in full support of my parents' decision, as I feel that one should show compassion and fillal piety. Furthermore, she dotes on me a lot. Therefore it is only right I play a part during her stay here.

I got to know that my grandma's condition does not need constant monitoring as her diabetes is under control. Although she suffers from incontience and weak bowels, I would classify that as "old age" ailments.

Sometimes, I really wonder what fillal piety means?  What does compassion means? Why does one have no heart? Where did the conscience go to?

Comments

Shionge said…
This is wonderful that everyone agrees to look after your Grandma.

Being there with her, spend time with her being filial already Paul. Enjoy the bonding ;)
Dalicia said…
this kinda things happen....
more than you know..what to do about ppl?

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings