Fun Before Stress Picnic @ ECP


The start of the long weekend was a good one for me as I decided to jon the Singapore Facebook Singles "Fun Before Stress Potluck Picnic" organised by Michelle at ECP yesterday.
After my usual Sat praying session, I made my way down to Parkway Parade for a quick light lunch, before heading to NTUC Fairprice to get the fruits for the picnic. I have to thank my mum for helping me to select the fresh fruits, and Jonathan Teo for agreeing me to meet me at Parkway Parade to help me to carry the fruits to ECP for me.
Took a cab there as it was really sorching hot yesterday. I guess we made the right decision not to walk there, otherwise we would have melted there and then upon reaching ECP.
This event was very fun as I actually knew about 1/3 of the people who came yesterday. Keith, Jonathan, Catherine, Karen, Veronica, Melvin Alan had previously joined me at singing sessions, facebook singles gatherings, and ex NS camp mates. I got to know Jane, Yvonne, Stephen, Roger, Angela, YC, Christine Tan, Simon, Rod, Kok Wee, Henry. We were pleased as we actually helped Michelle break a all time high record of 21 participants. We had a good time eating the great delicious food, like fried bee hoon, pudding, soon kueh. curry puff, sotong and fish balls, otah, "pie kia" pies, donuts, jalibean tarts.
Besides playing Michelle's modified version of "Truth or Dare", we were introduced to a new game by Catherine called "Numbers". A person is supposed to key in a number from 1-100 on his or her hp for the participants to guess. The person who guess the number correctly had to perform a forefeit as instructed by the number setter.
My fellow k group member, Jonathan had to sing twice for his forefeit. Thanks to my idea of making people to sing.
The forefeit that Paul had to do was to kiss the lady beside me on the cheek and act out a running for love scene like in a Qiong Yao novel. I think I really have to thank Alan for the number setting, because I read his mind about the number. Lucky the lady who performed with me the forefeits Jane was sporting too. Poor Karen had to kiss the lamp post for her forefeit.
As night fell, some of them decided to leave early while the rest continued with bowling, followed by a chill out session late into the night.
It was nice knowing new friends yesterday. It has been a long while since I played for a whole day.
You can take your time to view the pics at facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings