Please Take A Seat

scania_single_deck_bus_thumbnail

I was on board this crowded Service 105 today on my way home today. Since it was a new bus that I was travelling on, there was a lack of seats as space has been catered for 2 wheelchair-bound passengers and there was a raised step on board the bus which means that the standing area is limited too.

There was a female passenger who saw me and gave up her seat to me but another lady who was standing beside me, just refused to give way for me to pass. She was busy reading her magazine. There were a group of passengers awaiting to alight at the next stop and she was not even in the group to alight.

It was after some difficuity that I managed to get to the seat. The seat beside me was empty by now, but I am just puzzled why people on the bus that are near to the seat do not wish to sit down. And the lady who actually gave up the seat to me actually inched back and took the empty seat. The lady who was reading was so fustrated when the kind lady said "Excuse me" that she said it was so narrow, how to pass. I was wondering, if that lady was not so selfish, she would have stopped reading and moved to the rear of the bus.

This sight has been playing more & more frequent on our public buses and MRT each day as people are getting affected by the credit crunch, therefore are taking public transport.

I just hope that these people can be more gracious. Please sit down when there is an empty seat & please move to the rear. There is no ghost behind the bus. This will allow more people to board the bus.

Comments

curryegg said…
I hope the situation will get better...
Anonymous said…
Next time, take our your phone and say "Well, maybe you like to see yourself on STOMP"
Paul said…
Curryegg: I wonder when it will get better.

Anonymous: Maybe its a good idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings