Birthday Surprise for Karen

Chocolate Indulgence

I received an sms from Michelle on Wed stating that she was planning a birthday surprise for Jean at Serenity Cafe, Vivo City yesterday nite. It has been a hectic and stressful week for me, so I thought it was a good idea to join them for the birthday celebration. Anyway, I was glad to be part of the celebrations as I had only known Karen & Jean from joining Singapore Facebook Singles a few months ago.

I was assigned by Michelle to get the cake at the last minute as the ladies and my KTV buddy, Jonathan does not work in town. It was tough looking for the cake though as until yesterday, I was only aware that TCC and Starbucks only sells slices of cakes but not in whole. I was aware that the cakes at Hilton Hotel, which is beside my office, is very very expensive. In the end, I got the above cake, Chocolate Indulgence from Secret Recipe. It is quite worthwhile as the cake was big.

Karen was surprised to see me as Jean didn't tell her that Jonathan & I were going to be there. Saw the fun side of the birthday gal and her friends. These ladies really like to have fun, and they really PARTY!!! Not only that, they like taking pictures.

I thought that the cafe was a cosy place, with a live band playing great music, and large projector screen that shows live concerts and soccer matches. The manager told us that the place can be used for wedding proposals and other events. The food was ok, not too bad.

After that, we adjourned to St James Power Station. It was a refreshing experience for me as it was my first time at St James. Have to thank Jonathan for paying my cover charge and the ladies for bringing me there. Enjoyed the music at the Boiler Room before calling it a night as mum was worried that I may get cheated again and kept calling me throughout the evening.

Would like to thank Jonathan & Jean for listening to the whole story at the dinner. They are confident that I can get my money back, which I hope so too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings