Financial Management

images

Dad was saying that I was spending too much money, in fact much more than him. I beg to differ. Even though the credit card statement shows that I spend much more than him, it is only slightly more than him this month.The reason being I had to pay for my ICPAS and ACCA fees which took up a substantial portion of the bill.

I didn't want to tell him off as he is after all my elder. Being single has its perks. I am not against marriage though as I feel that I am of the view that a person should have his own family to be complete. Right now,I am just happy that I got this job that has enabled me to save a fair bit in just during the short time frame I have been working here. In fact, although I was being cheated a certain sum of my money, I was still able to assist my aunt with her financial diffcuities recently with a substantial sum. Mum was certainly surprised that I was able to fork that amount on short notice.

Besides savings, I can be proud of myself that I have continously given my mum a monthly allowance which makes up a quarter of my net pay. I don't think some people can even do that.

What can I say about my dad? He went to sign those timeshare agreements blindly. He could spend about 65% of his net pay himself. This is the reason why the monthly allowance is managed by my mum. Because I believe she is the best person to manage the family finances.

I think he is trying to hint something about the finances if I am settling down. I am not going to get a single cent of sponsorship from him if I am settling down.

I felt like telling him I save better than he do as I study accounts and I managed by my expenditure wisely. But some words are best left unsaid as he is my elder. We must respect the elder in an Asian society.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, I don't think you have the right to say your dad sign the timeshare blindly as you, yourself was being cheated from timeshare too.

Of course, as an independent adult, it is right that you should not getting any sponsorship from parent. I think your father is trying to hint you that you are an independent young man.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings