KTV Session @ Clementi KBox Cum Biggest Birthday Celebration For Paul

I met up with the Singing @ K Group members for our usual monthly session last evening. I have to thank these guys for celebrating my birthday in advance for me yesterday as well.

This session, organised by Joanathan Lim & Karen Low attracted 31 participants, which was a new record for our group. I feel that they have done a good job in the organising and co-ordination, despite this was their first time doing it. I only helped out at the last minute to do up the attendance list as Jonathan was mobilised back to the army camp in the early afternoon.

Dinner was at Blk 325 Kopitiam. Some of us had Botak Jones (Western Food), while the rest of us had pizza as we felt that the queue for Botak Jones was too long.

We were split into 3 rooms. At first, we were not given rooms side by side, despite Karen's and my request to put the members in side by side rooms. Luckily for us, our chairman of the group, Lawerence was able to ask the management to give us the rooms after 15 mins of haggling.

I was glad and surprised that several of the "pioneer members"from our first 3 sessions turned up for this session as well. "Pioneer members", a term coined by Maggie has Paul, Lawerence, Jonathan Teo, Jonathan Lim, Karen Hu, Johnie, Maggie, Jasline and Evelyn. I was quite surprised to see Johnie and Karen as they told me that they had a Christmas party to attend last night, but after hearing that they are celebrating my birthday, they came by to join us and wish me a happy birthday instead of going to the party. Lawerence was a surprise too, as he was only able to confirm with me the early sat morning that he was coming.

Another surprise was my JC 3 month course friend, David came by and joined our group gathering for the first time. It has been 10 years since I last saw him and I am glad to have found him through Facebook through one of my Singapore Facebook Singles Group friend, June. He said I am still very much the same after 10 years. Maybe I should be like Alan Tam and say that I am Forever 25. Haha. I also told him the same thing as he looks like how he was 10 years ago and still sings as good as 10 years ago, especially the Jacky Cheung songs.

The cake cutting ceremony was held at the big room meant for 30 people. Thanks to chairman for asking KBox to make this special arrangement for me. I was quite nervous that I had to make a trip to the washroom before addressing the 30 people. This was my first time, addressing the big group in a big room for about 5-7 mins.

The main points of the speech is summarised below. The speech was made without draft. Haha.

Hi, good evening everyone,

Thank you for coming. I hope all of you are enjoying yourself today. Although today is an advance birthday celebration for me, I also know that there are another 2 members, Kok Leong & Wendy whose birthday are also in this month, so it is not only me. It is for the people whose birthday are in Dec as well. I also like to take the opportunity to say that I am happy today as I managed to find my 10 year long-lost friend, David, who is here today. Also would like to thank Lawerence for being here and also my other friend, YC who is here specially from Malaysia.

I hope all of you continue to enjoy yourself tonight. Thank you.

It was fortunate that we didn't take the big room as the screen is pretty small, and I think the group wants to sing within a short time & not wait too long. It was lucky that we didn't fall for the gimmick, we still sang till 3am. It is the longest session that I had so far with this group.

Would like to thank the following people for coming yesterday.

New Members Members Pioneer Team
Linda Catherine Jonathan Lim
Rain Yan Ling Maggie Meiqi
Kok Leong Karen Low Lawerence Yaoxiang
David Jasmin Johnie Chng
Jane Jeremy Karen Hu
Tracy John  
Ken Lawerence Sum  
Edmon Thomas  
Kennis Lena  
Angela Serene  
Corrine    
YC    
Wendy    
Chu Muk    

I missed out 2 names, who could some of their friends' friends. I would like to thank them as well.

Till the next session on Christmas Eve and our monthly session at a new location at a cheaper price the 2nd week of January.

 

Comments

Jasmine Lee said…
well at last u enjoyed urself

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings