Review of The Year 2008

还是好朋友- Fish Leong & Leo Ku

Thanks to Maggie for introducing this song to our singing group!!

Last year was an eventful year for me and I I must say it was a year of trial and error and most of the trials turned out to be successful. There were also some blemishes in the year but overall it was a good year for me. I think the music video above summarises my feelings about one of the incidents that happened to me last year. 

Job

I shocked my ex firm bosses when I tendered my resignation almost immediately after receiving my bonus in late Jan. I am glad that I moved to this new company. Although the benefits may not be as good as my previous firm, my bosses and dept colleagues and manager have been very good.to me. Workload is not as stressful as last time, as it is almost evenly distributed. I also feel that I am being rewarded well for the efforts that I put in for my job.

Facebook Groups

With more time freed up from the late working hours that I used to have, I decided to acquaint myself to some of the groups in Facebook to get myself to know more people as I found that my friends are getting lesser and lesser as they tend to spend more time with their jobs or partners. Although the first one was a disaster, I am glad that I had the courage to try again, otherwise I would not have the opportunity to know some very good friends at Singapore Facebook Singles, Picnic East Coast, Singing @ K & Libraboys Group. Because of me joining these groups, my heart was sent racing too!!! But it was not meant to be. However, I am glad that she was truthful to me and I am glad to say that we are still friends

One of my long time friends was saying that I certainly deserve better friends. I am glad to say most of them in these groups are slowly becoming my good friends too. It was quite heartening to see them celebrating my birthday for me in a big way this year. I am glad to be in part of the organisng committee for the Singing @ K Group since Aug. I hope that the members are enjoying the singing sessions that we have been planning for them. We are encouraged by the fact that the Singing @ K Group has about 220 members as of today.

I would like to thank the creators of the groups

Michelle- Singapore Facebook Singles

n665845552_4265393_7972

n551425895_1403174_6353

Germaine - Picnic East Coast

Lawerence YX- Singing @ K

s540348797_713863_5322

n540348797_713917_4546

PC130010

 

Keith & Paul - Libraboys Outing Grp

n556689479_1042778_2378

If not for the creators of the groups, I guess I won't be knowing so many nice people, thus forging new friendships and brotherhood.

.In fact, my parents are happy that I am opening myself up to know new friends. They are asking me to invite them over for CNY at my house. Maybe they can't wait to see me settling down.

ACCA

It has been a bad year on the study front for me as I failed my ACCA P2 paper in June and I have retaken the paper in Dec 2008. So I just hope that I can pass the paper this round.

Winning of IRAS Outstanding Volunteer Award

Grp photo paul

Paul

Last year was the third year in running that I won the Outstanding Volunteer Award in my 4th year in participating in the  volunteer e-filing excercise. It was a special year as my brother also won the commendation award for the 1st time sibce joining me  3 years ago in this excercise. For the 1st time, my mum was able to see her sons receiving their awards since it was held on a Sat.

New Godsister for Paul

curryegg22 (Large) copy

I had a new godsister, Kelly Tan aka Curryegg last year. She is also very talented in her own right. This makes her my youngest godsister at 21 years of age. I hope to catch up with her soon. I sincerely hope that 2009 is a good year for her. Hope what she wishes for come true for her.

Happy for Old Friends

Two of my long time friends, Caifeng & Darling gave birth to a baby girl and a baby boy respectively in Dec and Sep last year. My old secondary school classmate, Chay Hoon gave birth to a baby girl as well in Aug. I also managed to find my long lost 10 year JC mate, Funan, through my new friend, June, who introduced him to the Singing @ K Group. He just got married  to a Taiwanese.

Besides that, my buddy of 11.5 years, Richard got married. My godsis, Elaine got hitched too.

Cheating Case

I was embroiled into a cheating case near year end. I just hope to get my money back as soon as possible. I shall not say anything more about this as I have written a lot in my blog already about this matter.

Friends Turned Acquiantances

Thanks to PT for coining this term last nite. Last year was a year that made me feel that some of my old friends drifting away from me. I guess I know what is happening but I shall not put it in writing here as I may get brickbats if I were to write the full story in my blog here.

This is my summary for the year 2008. I certainly hope that 2009 will be a better year. Let's hope the world can ride out of the financial turmoil soon.

薛凱琪 & 方大同 - 復刻回憶

Leaving you with this MTV, which is a softer cover version of Jacky Cheung's 每天爱你多一些.

P1010033

Wishing all my friends and blog readers a Happy New Year. Hope what you wish for come true in 2009!!!

Comments

Shionge said…
May the New Year be just as fruitful too Paul, Happy New Year :D

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings