Busy Week

It has been a busy week at work as my boss is of the view that the personal tax & Form P e-filing system is not that good and she still insist that paper returns are still better than e-filing. My manager and fellow colleagues are having a hard time requesting for the forms from IRAS as the tax officers will usually ask what is the reason behind the request or please ask the taxpayer to call in and a whole lot of other questions. After which, some officers would say that they are not convinced by the reasons given or  tell you that they need 2 weeks to generate the form before they can send it to you.

The system is so much different from my previous firm where my ex boss is willing to let me embrace the use of IT. The use of the system allows the firm to have an additional 3 days to submit the client's tax return. Can you imagine how much workload can be cleared in 3 days?

Clara, the IRAS Corporate Communications Officer was surprised that I had problems convincing my boss to let us use the system as I have been helping out in the e-filing excrcise for the past 5 years, I do know the merits of the system.

Fortunately, my manager decided to talk with her and let us try out the e-filing system this week. Let's hope things will get better then.

The shock this week, was one of my colleagues was asked to leave quite suddenly yesterday. Having joined this company for about a year, I have witnessed a few of these sudden departures. Although I must say work performance plays a part in this, but this would usually bring down the morale of the company workers, especially in these trying times now. I must say my morale is affected too.

I just hope that this colleague of mine can pick up the pieces and move on positively into whatever she will be doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings