Please Go & Find A Girlfriend

 

The title of my post is what my mum and one of the senior citizens volunteers whom I knew at my previous IRAS volunteer e-filing sessions in the past year told me to do recently after chatting with me recently. It makes me wonder if our Minister Mentor's recent speech about people who are going to their 30's and not settling down to start a family. Apparently, I think MM is saying this as Singaporeans are not reproducing enough to replace ourselves.

My senior citizen volunteer friend told me that at my age, it is a good time to find one. He advised that it is not good to wait till when you are going to hit 40, because by then one usually will not have the urge to get married. He  sensed that I could be holding back because of my disability. He urged me not to and must be brave and proactive when it comes to chasing a gal.

In a way, he is right. I could have been scared off by the several chases that I had. I could have been scarred by some horror stories of demanding partners, possessive partners and money minded partners. Kindly note that no names are mentioned in the examples.

Mum is of the view that, so long as the prospective partner can agree on certain important issues such as financial matters and family matters, it should be alright to settle down and start a family with the person. To me, I feel that she is right in some ways, but it does not mean that I can go on to the street and pick any gal that comes along the way.

Personally, I feel that I should be allowed the time to choose the RIGHT gal as I am one who believes that one shouldn't marry just for the sake of marrying. There are responsibilties and duties that come with it. A wrong choice will lead to a unhappy family life later, in which the parties involved will suffer as well.

Comments

ステフーン said…
There is a good part, and a bad part to it.
Hmm... the good part is, In singapore, there are statistically more gals than guys when compared to china.

The bad news is there is no perfect gal in this world. When the guys choose the girls, dun forget the gals also chooses the guys.

I really feels that being in relationship is more into compromises. It is the matter of harmony and the chemistry.

I believe that everyone have a timing to such things. and if IF, by any chance, you met the right one, Do grab the chance, because it may come only once in a lifetime. ok Paul?

It is also true that you have to choose carefully, so that marriage will not end up in divorce.
As the saying goes, finding love is easy, maintaining love is hard.

I do wish you the best of luck in your searching.
Ah Ting said…
Hi Paul,
What you and Stephen said is rite, you have to choose a gal carefully so that your marriage will not end up in divorce.

Don't worry, you are still young, still have time to get to know more gals. I'm sure there maybe some who will impress upon you. Let Fate decides.......

Sincerely wishing you able to find your beau someday :)
Anonymous said…
Take your time and enjoy the process; do not rush and just aim for the end... you lost a lot more fun in building the relationship together..

who cares what the PM says? Just follow your heart.....
Anonymous said…
Meet the right one- tag, hold and dun let go.. who cares if its your buddy dia punya.
Paul said…
Thanks Stephen, Ah Ting & the 2 anonymous comments. I appreciate the comments.

I will take my time to ensure that I choose the right one.
Shionge said…
If it comes...it comes, you'll have butterflies in your tummy and your heart pulsating so much that you'll ask why? LOL

Don't have to rush, you'll know when the right one comes along.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings