Influence of Thoughts

images

images

I was given a task by my boss on the day before I went on leave to get the latest Editions of the Singapore Master Tax Guide and Singapore Tax Workbook. These two books are very important to us now, as there were many tax changes put forward in Budget 2009. It is good to keep ourselves updated of these changes to help our clients, saving tax in the legal way.

However, 2 of my colleagues, one of them, who has served her notice of resignation, said that I was too nosey for my own good. She said that my boss will defintely find her ways to get the books at a cheap price.

It is a common thing nowadays that everyone is trying to keep some money by their side, for rainy day purposes. My current boss is someone who knows when there is a need to spend on something needed, she would spent it. I know that both  of my bosses have health problems, therefore, I decided to help them to hunt for the books.

After running around a few stores, I was not able to get hold of the books, therefore I downloaded the order  form from CCH website. CCH is the publisher for the two books and filled them up for my boss’ approval. To everyone’s surprise, my boss just ask me to sign off the order form and fax the order to the publisher. The company will bear the cost of the order. The order could be more expensive, but my boss recognised the need for the books.

I am a little disappointed with my colleagues. Although I am not in a position to say that the firm has not been kind to us in one way or another, or the management did not cover up when we made mistakes in our work, one should still strive hard. I always believe the good and hardworking people will be rewarded somehow.

We should not influence our peers to think what we are thinking. It is a unhealthy trend that can break the spirit of the working team. Teamwork is always important for success.

Comments

Anonymous said…
office politics

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings