Publicity: Is It Good Or Bad

A friend of mine, whom I got to know through one of the facebook groups has recommended me to be interviewed by a newspaper to talk about my life and the singing group on facebook which I am an organiser.

I have been interviewed by the press before in my teens to encourage people to look at life positively despite setbacks. But for this one, I have my misgivings as I do not want to be seen as using the group as a publicity stunt nor I wish to see “unwelcome stuff” like business soliciting and so for after the interview.

Another reason is the group was not set up by me in the first place, therefore it is not right for me to do this.

The only plus point is that people get to know me better, about how I live my life positively.

What should I do then?

Mum was saying I can go ahead with it.

What do you guys think?

Comments

Shionge said…
I was thinking about this and wonder if you can get the journalist to email you the question and ask them, what is the objective in publicizing your story.

If you are not comfortable, you can always reject. Alternatively, you can ask them to not to feature stuff which you are uncomfortable with.

And if you want to mention others (like your friends or FB friends) best to let them know if it is ok to include them in the interview.

Last but not least, be friends to journalist and request to see the draft before printing. Most are willing to oblige. Have fun!
Paul said…
Thanks for your suggestion, Shionge. I have a better idea how to deal with this now.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings