Brother’s Enlistment Day

scdfcrest

Pic courtesy of SCDF website

Today is my brother’s Enlistment Day. He has been enlisted to Singapore Civil Defence Force. My mum and I specially took leave to witness the occasion. We took a cab to Jalan Bahar, where the Basic Rescue Training Centre is located to report for the enlistment excercise. My brother will be stationed there for his training for 7 weeks. The good thing is he will be booking out this Fri at 5pm.

My mum & I were taken to a tour of the training facilities. We were very impressed as we are shown what were the contents of their training pack, their bunk facilities and their canteen. We are even informed of their allowance structure, which is better than SAF.  It is definitely better than the tour of Palau Tekong that my parents had when I was enlisted to NS 10 years ago.

Let’s hope my brother can pick up some life-saving skills from his NS training in the next 2 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings