Work Musings

I have finally finished the most difficult case assigned to me in a very long time on Friday. In the end, the slogging was worth it as my boss planned to raise the charges due to the time spent.

I was asked to cede for a client to try to get IRAS to grant a further extension of time to submit the company’s past year tax return. Little did I know that the client had called them the day before and the authorities had only granted them a short extension. The short extension is definitely not enough to allow my bosses to finish the audit, let alone issue out the financial statements to the client, let alone file the accounts to IRAS.

Some people are a funny lot. They have appointed a tax agent and yet don’t allow us to help them, while some clients take you for granted, and keep asking you for free advice, when you are not acting for them on the matter.

As the Hokkien always say, “ You can be smart, but don’t be too smart!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings