Eventful National Day Long Weekend

It has been a while since I last had a long weekend. I thought of going out of Singapore but decided against it as I would miss the bonding time with my brother, who booked out from camp for the long weekend.

But I still did quite a number of things over this long weekend.

Praying Session at SSA Tampines

It has been quite a while since my mum and I went for our praying sessions. It was because the centres had been closed since the H1N1 outbreak and only reopened on 1 Aug. It was good to be there again as chanting always helps me to relax. If you guys have been following my blog recently, you will know why I needed this.

Facebook Networking Session cum Singles Event

I was asked by my friend, PT to join him for this event. I was a little apprehensive to join this event in the 1st place as I had a bad experience joining this type of event before. But my mum encouraged me to join this event without giving myself too much pressure, just go out to try to meet new people. Who knows, something good will come out of it?

The event was held at a cafe at Tanjong Pagar. I felt the food was not too bad, considering the affordable price that I paid for the event. It helped that having attended such an event before and I followed instructions to bring my business card. It was certainly helpful but I am still not accustomed to the idea of having only 5 mins to a table and doing your self introductions to people.

Visiting Grandma

It has been a while since my mum and I visited my grandma at the old folks’ home, due to our busy work schedules and my mum’s recent poor health. She looks better from the last time we saw her at Jolene’s daughter, Vera’s first month celebration about two months ago. She seems happy to see my mum & I. Life can be a bore if one is confined to the bed.

I was pretty disturbed by what I saw as my mum and I were on the Service 147 to visit grandma. There was a wheelchair bound passenger on the bus who wanted to alight at the Fortune Centre but there were two people who refused to give way to allow the bus captain to open the ramp to allow the bus captain to push the wheelchair. I wonder where’s their graciousness?

National Day Parade

Rushed home to catch the NDP Parade. I was captivated by most of the items but disappointed that Kelvin Tan did not manage to sing the Chinese version of the NDP song this year, “What Do You See”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings