Notes To Financial Statements II

This 2 weeks have not been a smooth flowing week at work for me as my 2 of my audit dept colleagues have not been happy about the comments that I have wrote on my working papers checklist.

In order to prevent the unhappy situation of incomplete financial statements as mentioned in one of my previous post, Notes to Financial Statements, my boss have approved my suggestion to do up a checklist of required schedules for tax provisions/ computations purposes.

Apparently, I have given some crosses on my working file as I felt that the required schedules were not properly done up. Because of this, I got a earful from the both of them. If you guys are so afraid of the crosses, why can’t you all ask us directly what is needed, instead of having us to teach you how to do audit schedules.  There is no need for you to shout at us like a barbarian. That is not how a professional staff should behave.As one of my colleagues put it, it is like we are helping to do audit when we are doing the tax provision on their behalf. It is sometimes sickening to see that we are clearing other people’s s*** when it should be them who is doing that. The situation has gotten so bad that almost every audit staff is guilty of this.

My boss mentioned to me at the last week’s meeting that even though the audit staff, tax staff are hired under seperate company names, we are considered as “under one roof”. I was thinking if the head of the other dept does not regard us as “under one roof”, why should we always play the “fall guy” and get scolded by clients for other people’s incompetence?

People do make mistakes. Mistakes can be rectified. It depends on how we can work to rectify it together, rather than point fingers at one another.

I wonder how my boss can make the firm as “One United People” and work hand in hand. Let’s hope a solution can be found when my manager and I speak to my boss again.

I can’t imagine that this blog post about my work features 2 NDP songs. Haha. It makes me feel better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings