Notes To Financial Statements III

The tax dept of my firm had a meeting with my senior partner today. I am glad that my suggestion to change about how the dept works so that such problems will not occur again is accepted. The suggestion would be put through a meeting when the audit partner is back from her home leave.

That person who  was the cause of all these problems started to find fault with my manager and me about the case. Apparently he is quite lazy about doing schedules, so he expected us to do his work for him so he can just copy and paste and take it as his work. We had to communicate with the client about this as well. I was sure that the client felt a little funny on how come my manager was the one asking for these schedules and not him?

As one of my colleague puts it, “He is not aware of the good life he and the rest of the auditors are having. In other firms, their auditors are required to do tax provisions themselves.” In order to help one another, we should work as “under one roof”, rather than as seperate entities like the different names of our firms.

It was getting unbearable towards the end of the day that caused me to blow my top at him after he was rather rude and shouted at me for something that I didn’t do. I was left with little choice, but to give him a taste of his own medicine and shamed him in front of my colleagues and bosses.

Hopefully, he will take his time to reflect what he has done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings