Research & Analysis Project

images

I was asked by Peggy to join her for this seminar organised by the ACCA and Oxford Brookes University last night about doing the Research & Analysis Project to obtain a Bsc Honours In Applied Accounting. Since I have cleared my Fundamentals Stage of the ACCA quite some time ago and am looking at various options since I am stuck in the Professional Stage, I decided to join her for this talk.

The cost for the seminar was $25, which I thought was a little steep, but taking into consideration that it covered the speakers’ airfares and accomodation, it was justified.

Some doubts about the degree which I previously had were clarified.

  1. Just a report and analysis report will be sufficient to get the degree as the techincial aspects of the degree are all covered in the ACCA papers.
  2. There is no need to wait till the completion of my Professional Stage to start to work on the project as I have completed my Fundamental Stages.

But these are the things that are holding me back to whether to start to work on this.

  1. The need for a Mentor – The speaker mentioned that having a lecturer from any of the ACCA tution providers would help better as they have more exprience on this than your workplace bosses and managers, who may not be sure of the requirements of the project, despite the guidelines being available on the Internet. Being a part time student, it is difficuit to get your lecturer’s attention.
  2. I have to find time to have meetings and present the project to the mentor.
  3. The time limit that I have been given- Based on the date of registration on my ACCA student card, I am only allowed to complete the project by June 2014.
  4. The marketability of this degree- Is it really that recognised in Singapore?
  5. The 3 attempts that I am given for the project
  6. The likelihood of a Third Class Honours if I managed to pass the project as my grades for Fundamental Stage has been hovering around the “Just Pass” area

Looks like I  need more time to consider whether this is a viable option.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings