Singapore, A Place To Call Home

Recently, I had a friend who had wanted to apply for Permanent Residence in Singapore. He thought that only as ‘S’ Pass holder could apply for Permanent Residence. But from my understanding. work permit holders are also eligible, otherwise how does my Malaysian SBS bus driver friends are able to get their Permanent Residency in Singapore?

I was glad that I was able to help him clarify this doubt through the ICA website, when I downloaded the application form for him. I asked him to fill up the form and get his boss to certify that he is working in his company.

Apparently, his boss does not want to assist him to apply for PR, which I wonder why. The CPF contribution to pay is lesser than the Foreign Worker Levy. He was telling me that he wishes to upgrade himself and study and work here at the same time, as Singapore is more safe and stable than his home country. The pay is also better.

Hopefully, his boss will acede to his request.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings