Bad Dinner Day

My parents took the opportunity to have a dig at me when they were watching 企鹅爸爸today as Ann Kok’s character was going for her open university class after her employer had encouraged her to upgrade herself to take on the job as Deputy Editor.

I saw it coming. They were going to nag about me not taking my ACCA again. Anyway, I know that my parents are concerned. My manager is as well and I appreciate it as well. But since my parents have not attempted a professional qualification before, they would have not know how tough it is for me to come to this stage within 4 years. I had previously set high targets for myself, thinking that I would clear the papers in 3 years, but one of the papers in the Stage 2, which I retook 5 rounds before passing it, made me change my mind about clearing within that time frame. It made me realise one thing at that time too, I was not having a life for myself, and my boss didn’t appreciate my qualification when I attained the certificate. My pay was stuck in an assistant level for 2 years after that, if I had not moved on, I won’t know my market value now. My grades have suffered since I came to this level, clearing only one of the papers that I am using for my work. The most disappointing thing was failing 2 of the papers despite with all the hard work put in. Spending money on the ever increasing fees and subscriptions. The more failures I had, the more disappointed and tired I became. The last time I tried, the passing mark was even further for me to attain. Therefore the decision to have a complete break from it for the time being to allow myself have a break.

Slowly, I am regaining my confidence, and will certainly rejoin the rat race again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings