Please Use Your Brain

I was rather angry today. It took my boss to cool me down. A colleague of mine had computed the interest on director’s loan based on the data that I downloaded from the MAS website, but did not use the interest rate that I have given to her to apportion to 365 days or 12 months and just lump the interest rate into the formula to compute the interest for a short term loan.

As an auditor, why is it that you are not aware that interest rate is computed on a yearly basis? The reason why I gave you the rate is that I am not sure when the director owe the company money. How dare you tell your audit partner that Paul gave me the rates, I just pluck in the figures? Why your error become my problem, when I am not the auditor? Why should I get scolded by the audit partner?

Like what PCK say, please use your brain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings