Movie Saturday & Music Sunday

I had a prior movie date with Sis Jas and Bro Jonathan to catch Sherlock Holmes at the Grand Cathay on Saturday. The movie had to be a night one as Jas was working in the day. This meant that I was able to enjoy my dinner with my parents at home. It has been a while since my dad whipped up a storm in the kitchen. The dish of the day was steamed crabs, which I thoroughly enjoyed with the salad that my mum had prepared.

The movie, I felt was quite funny and interesting. Personally, I would give it a 4 out of 5 rating.

MV5BMTg0NjEwNjUxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk0MjQ5Mg@@._V1._SX94_SY140_

Sunday was a hectic but enjoyable day for me. I was out in the morning with my mum for our usual weekly praying session at Tampines Soka Centre, before we headed to Bedok Food Centre for lunch, where I had my all-time favourite mutton soup, before heading to Andrina’s place for a KTV session with Jonathan, David and Lance.

After the session, we headed to Music Dreamer Live Café (爱情海) at Marina Square. I have been wanting to head down to this place since I heard of it some years ago, but always did not have the chance to. Although the food served was not that fantastic, but it is certainly a good place to relax, if you are a person who enjoys music. It was an enjoyable first time experience for me at the café. I would like to thank Andrina for recommending this place and bringing us to the café. I managed to take a photo with the singers after their 3-hour performance. I would like to thank the singers for being so obliging with the photo.

PC240002

Me, David & Lance with the 5 singers for the night

Here are some of the features of the café.

1. You are required to order a minimum of $12 of food or drinks in the café for each person.

2. You can make a dedication of the song that you wish to hear and the performers will usually oblige if they have the lyrics and if they do know how to sing the requested song.

3. There are 2 special nights in a month, whereby the stage will be open to the patrons of the café. The partons may go up on stage after deciding on the song they wish to sing, and the band will play the song. It is like singing in the KTV, but without the lyrics or it is better known as unplugged version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings