Red Tape

I was asked to make a trip to ICA by my boss today to make an enquiry on the renewal of entry pass for one of our clients.

Since it was my first time handling such stuff, my boss was kind enough to give me a short briefing as to what questions I needed to ask the officer. Took a cab there at my boss’ request

At the ICA Entry Permit office, I joined the queue. I noticed that there were quite a number of China people in the queue as well. I had tried to get the Chinese officer to answer the questions that my boss asked me to ask, but I was stopped at 2 questions, before I was asked to join the queue again. Again, the Chinese officer asked me to rejoin the queue after I asked another question again. It was not until when I queued for the 3rd time, then a Malay officer, Ms Fadilah managed to go through all the questions that my boss had. I must commend her for doing a great job.

I just wonder if the Chinese officer should feel ashamed of herself for showing such lack of patience about answering my questions. Its no wonder we are still a long way from being a gracious society. What would would-be PRs feel if they had receive such service from this officer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings