Singtel Makes My Blood Boil For The 1st Time

I was looking forward to the MIO Home Plan being installed at my home 3 days ago, but I certainly didn’t expect to be the start of my nightmare with the Singtel Customer Service, Sales and Technical Assistance Departments.

I had signed up with the plan after hearing from the salesman, who was promoting Singnet Broadband & MIO TV on 17 Nov 2009. I was promised the following items

1. Free rental waiver for my 2 home residential lines. However, since one of the lines belonged to my dad, I had to get it transferred to my name. This line would then qualify for the waiver and be the MIO TV line, which would be used exclusively for MIO TV purposes.

2. A free broadband modem exclusively for MIO TV purposes

3. 20% off my 2 handphone lines. One of the lines is mine, while the other is signed under my name for my brother.

I added on the Chinese TV Pack and BPL & ESPN package on top of the CCTV 4 channel, which my family has been enjoying since the previous broadband contract.

I had stationed my brother to be home on that day of the installation, as I was not able to take leave as my manager is away. Little did I expect the installation team to screw up the installation process.

The installation team did the following:-

1. Installed a 3rd residential line, which I didn’t need or ask for.

2. Connected the 3rd residential line to the MIO TV without the new broadband modem resulting in my family not being able to catch MIO TV as it is connected to the wrong line.

3. Relocated the line that was previously under my name to a “God knows where” connection, because the line is not ringing at the phone to the living room. Therefore, no one knows where to pick up the phone calls to that line, because no phone is ringing.

which left me hopping mad with the customer service department and sales department over the phone. I spoke to 6 officers, and only one officer was able to give me a satisfactory answer after a face-to-face meeting at Singtel Commcentre, by fixing an appointment next Saturday to resolve all the problems created and accede to my original request.

The sales team, which served me, did not transfer the phone line from my dad’s name to my name. They did not indicate that the line was to be used as a MIO TV line as well. This left me hopping mad as well.

I felt that Singtel has always been better than M1 and Starhub, because I have used their services before and their customer service and billing departments gave me the creeps with their inflated billing systems and poor service attitude. But this incident has made me realized that all customer service people are only good at pushing people around and ignoring complaints.

Let’s hope that the problems will be solved once and for all next Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings