拿的起,放的下

A friend was asking me how I was coping with the rejection of a gal recently. One of the advantages in blogging in Chinese is not many people may be able to understand what I am writing as Singapore is predominantly using English as a working language, therefore the standard of Chinese is falling.

Just to let my blog readers know that I am coping well with the rejection. I am happy that she has decided to continue to be friends with me. In fact, I have congratulated her on her new relationship that she has begun with someone else soon after the rejection.

Like what one of my friends said when we were talking casually about BGR recently, she mentioned that sometimes boys and gals can be very good friends but when it comes to relationships, they are absolutely clueless about how to handle it when coming to sensitive issues that will ultimately make or break the relationship. I have to agree with her on this as I have a few female friends who treat me like their brother and are always ready to lend a listening ear whenever I encounter problems. Not only that, as friends, we tend not to hold back on our thoughts and speak directly to get our point across, whereas as lovers, sometimes, for the good of the relationship, we may have to hold back on what we are going to say. I would call it an art that is difficult to master, but as the saying goes ‘‘once you are in the game, you will know how to play the game ‘’.

Anyway, I just wish to thank my friends who have showered me with concern. I really appreciate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings