Grace’s Belated Birthday Celebration & 阿密特巡回演唱会

 Picture 001 Picture 002 Picture 003 Picture 004 Picture 005 Picture 006 Picture 007 Picture 008

IMG

I nearly had to put up a missing person’s notice to locate my partner for yesterday evening. The fortunate thing is that Grace managed to contact me first thing in the morning yesterday and confirmed that she was joining me for her belated birthday celebration I had planned for her and she will be joining me for the Ah Mei concert.

The celebration dinner was at Wheelock Place NYDC at her request. This was the 1st time that I have stepped into NYDC after it has been renovated. The menu has been changed but the cakes are still as good. :-) We ordered our main courses and Grace decided to try boney cake with chocolate ice-cream for her desert, while I had the Big O cheesecake for my desert. It ended up that we had 3 slices of cake for our desert as one of the guests had accidentally knocked onto a glass of iced water, and the iced water fell onto Grace’s dress and the family compensated us with a slice of cake. Grace & I thought that it was lucky that it was not the iced float that we ordered that landed on her dress, otherwise the dress will be stained.

I can sense that she is happier now. Maybe her relationship problems have been solved. We had so much to catch up and nearly forgotten that we had to catch the concert. I decided to take a cab there. The fortunate thing is we met by this cabby who knew that we were rushing for A* Mei concert, so he tried his best to avoid all the traffic jams to get us there on time, which he did. To the Sonata cab uncle who picked us , “Uncle, your driving skills is good.” Judging from the conversation we had, we know that you are a A*Mei fan too.

The concert started at about 8.30pm and ended at about 11.45pm. Grace & I thoroughly enjoyed the concert as although we did not know many of her new songs from her A*Mit album, we certainly had a good time dancing and interacting with A* Mei at the concert. I agree with Grace that she deserves a 9/10 for her concert.

 

Heading to the washroom and home was  a nightmare after the concert. We had a hard time hunting for the toilets and cabs to get us home. It ended up I got home later than Grace, despite the fact that I have called for two cabs at the same time.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Happy Belated Birthday to Grace and what a great celebration attending Ah Mei's concert too. I missed it so think I should consider attending one next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings