Is Singapore A Stressful Place To Live In?

I was on the cab from Plaza Singapura to Dempsey yesterday. The taxi driver who picked me up was complaining that he had to drive a taxi after his steel trading licence was suspended. He also mentioned that he felt one should stay single in Singapore as the Government is not providing enough benefits for all of us. Marrying in Singapore means that you are marrying into a debt. Staying single will guarantee peace.

In my opinon, I feel that our Government has been doing a good job in providing us with a roof over our heads by telling us to use our CPF savings to get a flat. Having a family is also important, I feel as you would not have to worry about no one sending you off when you go to the other world. You certainly won’t feel lonely as you grow older. As one of my colleagues put it, you will feel that you age faster once you reach 30. I certainly am feeling the heat now. :(

However, it does not mean that we can just pick any gal or guy on the street, and just for their hand for marriage abruptly. We need to open our eyes wide and don’t rush into a relationship. The pains of a broken family is not what one wishes to go through. Therefore, I certainly don’t want that to happen to me. The hurt is not a good feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings