Movie Thursday – Old Dogs

I had wanted to catch this movie since last week. I managed to get Qiqi and her friend, Gonnie to join me for this movie at the Cathay Cineplex last night.

Before the movie, we had our dinner at the Japanese Food Court at Paradiz Centre. I would like to thank Gonnie for recommending this place to me. I remembered seeing this place being featured on a TV programme on Channel 8 before. This food court has a nice ambience and an interesting feature is if you spend at least $4.50 on the food, you will enjoy a free flow of drinks at the food court.

After the dinner, since it was still early, we decided to stay at the food court where the three of us chatted for a while, before we went to the cinema for our movie. This was my first time meeting Gonnie, and it is actually a surprise that we had quite a lot to chat. Maybe we are all in the accounting field of work, which makes it easier to break the ice. I must say that he is a friendly guy.

The movie was great, as I felt that it is hilarious but it does carry a message about friendship and family. It makes me wonder how John Travolta and Robin Williams can maintain their friendship for 30 years in the movie. I am hoping that I will be able to maintain such long friendship with most of my friends. The message about family is also quite strong in the movie as it states that children are not a burden or chore to the family, but it can bring joy to the family if we give them the care and concern. Maybe the movie will be a good advertisement for couples that do not wish to start a family to reconsider their decision. Haha.

After the movie, we headed for home. Thanks Qiqi and Gonnie for the enjoyable night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings