CNY Dinner & Singing Competition

I was asked by my dad to keep my Saturday evening free. The reason was he had signed up for the singing competition organised by the community centre in my area. So therefore, I guess you know by now where my singing genes came from. :)

This was the 1st time that I have participated in my community centre’s Chinese New Year dinner. It also meant that I met by my MP for my area, Mr Wee Siew Kim for only the second time since he served his second term in office. His arrival was greeted by the lion dance troupe at 8pm.

The dinner was held at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 at an open air basketball court. It was hard to imagine that the basketball court was able to accommodate 112 tables with 10 guests on each table, and there was still enough space in between the tables for the guests to move around.

My table was quite lucky. The whole table of guests won a gift each, describing how the year will turn out for each zodiac sign.

The food was not too bad, to my surprise. Maybe we paid $20 per pax, therefore we cannot be expecting too much of the food.

After the dinner and the lucky draw, we headed home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings