What Is The Meaning of Slow

I am a person who pride myself about my work, therefore I hate it when people make comments about my work when they are the ones at fault.

Today, I was rather disturbed by what my boss did. I was working on a tax provision and the audit was done by a new auditor. Ever since the “lack of schedules done” incident last year, it was agreed that I will work on the tax provision of the new auditors so as to gain first hand knowledge as to the quality of the schedules done up by them.

I thought that the auditor was ok, as although she missed out doing a number of schedules, she was willing to help us rectify the issues. However, I wonder who was the idiot who told my boss that I have asked her too many questions. My boss wanted to avoid further trouble before CNY so she asked my manager to take over the case from me.

I am so disturbed by the whole incident. The computation is a complex one as the client had many properties that had rental income, therefore much time had to be spent on working out the income and expenses for each property. The best part is one of the schedules prepared had errors. It takes a fair bit of time to decipher the schedules done, so the best way is to seek help from the auditor.

If you as the audit partner feel that I am slow, that is because you do not have much experience as my senior bosses in IRAS, therefore they always require very detailed schedules. The benefits of having detailed schedules will reduce the number of tax queries we have to answer to IRAS.

If you only know how to complain, please refer to my checklist designed to check the competence of your auditors. This will also prevent misunderstandings between the both departments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings