1st Day of Volunteer E-Filing Session

It is the time of the year where I will help our fellow citizens e-file their taxes.

Today was a good day. The e-filing system was rather co-operative with me and my partner, Harris today. Except for a small hiccup that Harris faced, the system auto log out by itself, the rest of e-filers whom we have e-filed with us faced no problems.

I am glad that my suggestion to IRAS has been taken up, which was those e-filers who faced problems when e-filing their taxes. From this year onwards, we will jot down their names and queries and our centre manager would forward all their queries to IRAS for us. This is definitely better than the e-mail template that we have to use last year as some of the e-filers are illiterate and had no knowledge of what is an e-mail account. Therefore we had to use our own email to assist the taxpayers to forward their encountered problems to IRAS.

We were a little surprised that one volunteer did not show up despite repeated calls to him by the manager. Because of this guy’s indiscretions, Harris and I will be activated for all the remaining 7 sessions. Not that we are complaining, because we actually signed up for the 8 sessions over the next 4 weekends. Most of the e-filers are actually the residents of Serangoon & Hougang, who would actually look for us when the time comes for filing of their taxes. I felt that the guy should have been more responsible in informing us that if he was not coming.

I would like to thank a Mr Lim, a taxi driver, who actually bought coffee for us after I have e-filed his tax return for him. It is always these people who make us feel that our acts are appreciated. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings