IRAS Efile Volunteer Refresher Course

I was at the E-filing Volunteer Refresher Course just now. People who know me will know why I do not need to go for the course actually, but I decided to sign up and go for it, so that I could keep myself updated to the changes in the tax laws and regulations, changes made to the e-filing system & catching up with my friends, IRAS Corporate Communications Officers, Ms Clara Ng & Ms Rena Soon and fellow volunteer, Harris, whom I have been working with for the past 4 years.

There are several changes to the personal reliefs, especially to those with handicapped children, siblings & parents. To encourage people to donate more to approved charities and IPC, the amount of deduction against income is enhanced by 50% to 250%

As for the e-filing letters, there is not much change except that there is a letter stating that you need not file your return as your employer is under the auto-inclusion scheme and you have claimed a standard set of reliefs for each year. My advice to this group of taxpayers is to file your return with your Singpass as per normal, as some reliefs or important information may be missed out.

For those of you who are not sure how to e-file your taxes, you are welcome to look for me at The Serangoon CC at 10 Serangoon North Ave 2 from the weekends of 27 & 28 March 2010 to 17 & 18 April 2010. If the centre is too far for you, you are encouraged to pop by the 25 Citizen Centres and 5 CPF Offices to e-file your return.

E-filing is easy, fast & convenient!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings