Meet Up With Ex Colleague

Yesterday was another long day for me as my manager and me as we still have many Form Bs & Form B1s to be cleared. We were stuck with 2 audit jobs, that were on an urgent basis. It meant that we had to work till about 7.30pm. It didn’t help that my senior may be going on leave due to some personal matters at home.

But I still found time to meet up with my ex colleague, SC, who resigned abruptly two months ago. We had a good chat for about 4 hours, where he shared with me the reasons about his abrupt resignation. Apparently, it made me felt that I may have played a part in it, but SC was quite positive to say, even if THAT PERSON didn’t make life difficult for him at work, he would have left the job sooner or later as he had problems adapting himself to the environment.

He also encouraged me to break away from my shell, and try to interact more with my colleagues so as to make my working at the office smoother. He noted that my colleagues at the audit department may have the mistaken belief that I was at fault for the incident, mentioned in the “Notes to The Financial Statements” that caused my relationship with the rest of the audit department colleagues to be strained. THAT PERSON seems to like playing “office politics”, going around telling my audit department colleagues and secretarial department colleagues that I am a difficult person to get along with. Nowadays, Paul is having lunch alone nowadays as some people fear having lunch with me nowadays.

I have tried my best to correct this, but I guess it takes time to change my colleagues’ perception about me. Maybe, all will change for the better from 1 April.

It is good to see SC so happy in his new job. I hereby wish him all the best for his new job!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings