Qing Ming Festival

I was up early this morning, even though I went to bed quite late last night, as I was catching Autumn Concerto (下一站,幸福)on Youtube, which a friend had recommended me to watch. The show is a little draggy, which I think is a common feature with all Taiwanese drama. Since I have only caught 6 episodes, I guess it will be better for me to put my comments about the show, after I completed the drama.

The reason I was up unusually early was to pray respects to my grandma (外婆)granddad (外公)& Second Uncle (二舅)for Qing Ming Festival. We were early this year as one of my aunts had to work on the weekends where Qing Ming Festival falls on. The good part about praying early is also to avoid the crowd.

We went in my uncle’s company lorry. There were 7 of us who went to this year’s praying session. My cousin, Adel was commenting that we used to have about 20 to 25 people joining us every year, and during that time, my uncle, who used to work in SMRT as a bus captain had to charter a bus to transport all of us. I guess that’s the change of the times, as people nowadays do not have time to follow through the traditions. Also, some of my cousins are already married or are Christians, therefore they would not usually appear in these places.

My mum was saying that my grandad’s tomb may be exhumed this year, so this could be our last visit to Choa Chu Kang Cemetery. So much for nostalgia, that my cousin decided to whip out her camera to take photos for us. I guess it will be hard to find cemeteries in Singapore in the future, as land is scare in Singapore , therefore they will have to make way for future developments.

What a day where I had to follow traditions, which may be going soon.

Leaving you with this song from the drama, 下一站,幸福, which I think is a nice song. Jas was commenting that she is looking for a guy to duet this song with her. I was saying that I could duet with her in our group’s next session, after I watched the drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings