Wedding Invitation

My manager’s daughter will be getting married on 23 May 2010. The ceremony will be held at Sheraton Towers Hotel Singapore. She has invited everyone of us, together with our immediate families. My mum has accepted the wedding invitation as well, since they have met before at a event organised by  Singapore Soka Association , where my manager, my mum & I are members.

The attendance for the wedding invite was also an indication how well-liked my manager is at work, especially having worked in the company for 35 years.

The responses threw up some expected & pleasant surprises for my manager. The expected ones are the usual ones involved in the “political games” with our department. As expected, they would not be attending the function. The new colleagues, who joined our company recently, will not be joining us at the function as well.

The unexpected responses were from the audit department colleagues. We didn’t expect most of them to agree to come, as we feel that they may feel the pressure of needing to get hitched soon when they see people getting married. However, my mum feels that Malaysians in my age range tend to value relationships more.

Because of this, my manager will be having about 3 1/2 tables for all of us. This is the first time that all of us will be meeting up outside the confines of our office. I am looking forward to it!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings