Short Week

DSCF0519

Me with my colleagues, Anna ,Ms Woo, my mum, Jinn Der and Amy (my manager)

(Photo courtesy of Anna)

The short week started early for most of my colleagues and myself were invited to my manager’s daughter wedding at Sheraton Towers Hotel on Sunday night. I apologise for the lack of photos for this wedding as the lighting in the ballroom was not conductive for photo taking. Even my manager thinks that the hotel is in need of some renovations to save itself from some tax deduction. (Read Section 14Q Deduction) :p

I was down with throat infection on Tuesday, which meant that a part of the no MC bonus is gone for the whole year and a hole in my pocket as I have seen the doctor twice in the past 2 days for my ills.

It was great to be back on Wednesday, only to discover that my colleague had brought forward her resignation notice to today, as there is no one to look after her children. My colleagues and bosses are hoping that she would be back to join us soon, as soon as she is able to get a domestic helper to help her out with the household matters and her children, as we have so far tried unsuccessfully to locate a replacement for her.

I met up with my HSBC financial planner today. She was surprised that I was able to do up a list of insurance policies that I had for myself. The reason for doing that was in times when I am caught in a mishap, or anything were to happen to me, my family will be able to know how to get claims from my policy. Please note that this does not make me a rich man. :-)

We also discussed about hotels in Orchard area that are suitable for wedding dinners. I think I have given her about 6 hotels for her to decide on her wedding banquet. These hotels are in my list for 35 tables and more.

  1. Corpthorne King Hotel
  2. Hilton Hotel
  3. Orchard Hotel
  4. Orchard Parade Hotel
  5. Marriott Hotel
  6. Four Seasons Hotel
  7. The Regent
  8. Meritus Mandarin

These are the hotels which I thought that the service and ambience is not too bad. Perhaps, you guys have better ideas. You are welcome to share it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings