Unexpected Busy Week

I had a unexpected busy week as my colleague took a week off to care for her baby daughter, who had passed motion with blood in her stools. It ended up all the unexpected things turned up with her clients’ tax problems. It was really a week that I was really in the firing line, facing the problems and clearing the problems one by one with the help of my senior and manager. Let’s hope my colleague’s baby recover over the weekend. This incident also shows the compassionate side of my boss. She asked me to tell her that she should take care of her child first to ensure that she gets well, so she can get back to work.

The busy period was littered with a piece of good news on Thu. I had received a call from Ms Rena Soon, IRAS Corporate Communications Officer, just before I was about to knock off. Here is an excerpt of the conversation.

R denotes Rena, while P denotes me

P: Yes, Rena, how can I help you? You have good news for me?

R: Wah, you really save our numbers in your hp. Yes, I would like to send you the invite to the Volunteers Appreciation Ceremony, and just to let you know that you won the Outstanding Volunteer Award again, but I can’t send the invitation to your Singnet email. You have any other email a/c?

P: Please send to my Gmail a/c @ paulbf1812@gmail.com , & when is the ceremony held?

R: 12 June

This is the email that I had retrieved from my e-mail last night.

Hi Paul,
As spoken, Congratulations once again on being awarded the 2010 e-Filing Volunteer - Outstanding Award!
You were being nominated by your Volunteering  Centre for this award in recognition of your commitment, service and leadership qualities, and good understanding of the e-Filing system.
We would like to invite you to the IRAS e-Filing Service @ the Community Appreciation Ceremony to receive the certificate of commendation from Our Commissioner, Mr Moses Lee.  You can also invite two guests to attend the ceremony with you to share in your achievement!
At the same time, please advise us on the following before 1 June 2010 (Tue).

  1. Name to be printed on the certificate as "Lee Bing Fong Paul".
  2. Confirm your attendance,
  3. and the number of accompanying guest(s) together with their NRIC no. for registration purpose
    Please see attached programme for details of the ceremony.



Thank you.
Rena SOON Yang Lin
Assistant Corporate Communications Officer | Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore

I would like to thank my friends who congratulated me on Facebook either by leaving messages or liking the status message, and the congrats sms from Jas & Jennifer after I messaged them that I won the award.

 

Paul Lee will be receiving outstanding volunteer award for the 6th year running. thank you to all e efilers for e great comments leading to my nomination n getting e award once again. :-)

People who like this

 

Nicole Ooi

 

Emily Pak

 

Karyne Tan

 

EPing Chen

 

René Modery

 

 

Chloe Kuroi

 

Wong Chin Yuan

Comments

Wendy Yap

Congrats ;)

Yesterday at 18:26 ·

 

Lim Zhi Hao

haha see u there

Yesterday at 18:34 ·

 

René Modery

Congratulations!

Yesterday at 18:37 ·

 

Catherine Leu

Yesss!, u deserve it and keep it up!

Yesterday at 19:31 ·

 

梁锐苓

Congrats!

Yesterday at 19:42 ·

 

Eileen Lim

wow.. congrats! :D

Yesterday at 23:20 ·

 

Dorothy Chia

good job Paul.

23 hours ago ·

 

Emily Pak

U derserved it

17 hours ago ·

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings