Eventful Day

scania_single_deck_bus_thumbnail

I was on my way to work this morning on my usual bus, Service 74e (SBS 2721R) with my long time bus captain friend, Kumar.

Just as the bus had stopped at the bus stop at AMK Hub, a Ngee Ann Polytechnic student boarded the bus. He appeared to be fidgeting for his ez-link card. Just in case, some of you may not know, bus concession pass are not allowed for use on express bus services or fast forward bus services. Then he approached me, and asked me if I had change for a $50 note. I was wondering if he was still asleep, as people in the right frame of mind would not have brought $50 as spare change to take a bus. I told him I didn’t have and offered to pay for him as I knew the next bus would only arrive in 10 minutes, as it is the school holiday. I was a student before, therefore I knew the feeling of being late for class is not good. He thanked me after I paid for him.

In the afternoon, there was a client who came into my office and he really caused a stir with his mannerisms that caused my bosses to step in to diffuse the situation. Apparently, my young boss was so angry that he nearly wanted to tear up the documents that was supposed to be given to the client for signature.

This incident made me realise the good character of my bosses and manager. My bosses are people who really can’t stand clients who coerce or bully their staff and would stand up for us, when we are in need. My manager is one who is still able to keep her cool, despite being yelled at. This is a marked difference from my previous job. Apparently, my boss was so relieved when the situation was diffused that he bought us some pies before he headed off for his short holiday.

I was asked by my brother and mum this question. For example, a lady friend had asked you, a guy out for a swim, would you accompany her?

My answer is “Yes”, as :-

  1. The gal trust you that you would not take advantage of her in public.
  2. The gal may be interested in you, otherwise she would not take the opportunity to date you and observe your mannerisms.
  3. The gal needs company of a guy to fend off people who may have other ideas at the pool.

What is your opinion on this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings