The Passing of My 表姨

I was at home doing my revision on Friday morning when an admin staff of  the old folks home called up and informed me that my 表姨 had left us.

Her passing was expected as since Chinese New Year when my mum brought her home to celebrate Chinese New Year with us, she was considerably weaker than last year. That was when my mum felt that she was not able to last through this year.

Although she had not been working since she lost her leg to diabetes 7 years ago, and had been staying in the old folks home since then, she never fails to give me an ang pow for good luck.

Through her I see that she is one strong character despite her amputated leg, she is pretty independent. I guess the only sad part was she was not able to locate her long lost child, which was given away as she was poor.

Rest In Peace, Aunt Kuee Eng !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings