Pleasant & Nasty Surprise

I had a mixed week at work this week, thanks to my senior partner who gave me an additional reward for my hard work, on top of the usual paycheck that I usually receive, together with the 2nd part of bonus. It was unexpected, but I was just surprised that she asked me the other day if I had recovered the “bad debt” from the swindler. I am glad that she recognises the effort that I put in my work for the good of the company. Maybe she hopes that I will give my family a treat, which I already did, as my brother’s birthday was before my payday.

However, the same can’t be said about the audit partners. They have stressed me again over a case that was promised by the audit partners that it would be finalised yesterday. The case was only given to me to work on on Wednesday, without audit schedules done by the auditor. Knowing the auditor would not help us get the schedules, since I started doing his cases, & got into a nasty spat with him around this time last year, I asked my manager to help me to ask the client to get the schedules done by the client. What I didn’t expect was the number of revenue schedules and expenses schedules that I do. My boss was saying that we are going to spend a lot of time to do these schedules, by then Paul need not sleep, let alone watch World Cup. Haha. :-)

Therefore she suggested that the client should do up all the schedules, or we are going to charge a high tax fee as a lot of time is spent. Luckily the client is agreeable to it. Let’s hope the schedules can tie up with the figures of the accounts prepared by the useless auditor, who sat on the case for 2 months before passing the case to me to work on.

Leaving you with this song, which I think is quite meaningful!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings