Why Some People Just Like To Act Clever?

I have been a little frustrated with my work since I got back from my exam leave on 15 June.

There is this person, who is a person that is part of the management team of the company, who brought in a new group of clients recently. Apparently, this client had some problems with the payment of their taxes, and had wanted to pay the tax assessed by instalments. He went to tell the client that he was able to help. It left me wondering, if this group of client has been a good paymaster as claimed by YOU, why would the negotiation to pay taxes have to be done? Secondly, you are not in charge of the tax department or IRAS, how can you anyhow promise people without consulting us?

It made me have to make several phone calls to IRAS just to negotiate the instalment plan for them. Lucky, my tax partners are understanding, they just asked me to try my best. In the end, I managed to get the instalment plan for the client.

The moral of the story, “Don’t act smart, when your knowledge of something that you are unsure of is zero, and don’t make promises to people on things that you need other people’s help to accomplish it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings